Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computer Science
BSc (Hons) Computer Science Degree Program which is one of the finest yet cost effective IT programmes in Sri Lanka approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs. The curriculum of BSc (Hons) Computer Science Degree Program of 04 years is specifically designed to be beneficial for students representing diverse study streams even without any prior background to information technology and computing, as this programme will further facilitate the learners in their own professions by completing this programme.
The purpose of this qualification BSc (Hons) Computer Science Degree is to prepare graduates with a broad knowledge in theory, methodology and skills of the relevant disciplines that enable them to bear responsibility in an academic or professional environment. The duration of the degree is four academic years and recognized certificates are awarded by Saegis Campus on successful completion of the degree programme.
Why follow a
BSc Honours in Computer Science at Saegis?
- Approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs
- Most Qualified and Experienced lecture panel
- Professional Project guidance provided throughout Industry Experts / Academics
- Convenient location with campus environment.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Nationally recognized ICT Qualifications
- Easy payment scheme
- Programming and Software Development
- IT Support & Consultancy
- Internet and e-commerce applications Design and Development
- Mobile Application Development
- System Administration
- Software Engineering
- Robotic Application Development
- Control Systems Development
- Embedded Systems and programming
- Smart Systems Development
Passes in three (03) subjects (in Physical Science Stream or any three subjects with Mathematics and Physics)) at the GCE A/L Examination (Sri Lanka or London) in one and the same sitting but not exceeding three sittings.
Passes in three (03) subjects (in any subject stream) at the GCE A/L Examination (Sri Lanka or London) in one and the same sitting but not exceeding three sittings and passing of the Bridging Programme for Computing Discipline stated under the Non State Higher Education Circular No. 02/2019 issued by the Ministry of Higher Education
- Fundamentals of Computer Systems
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Fundamentals of Mathematics
- Computer Architecture and Organization
- Database Management Systems
- Operating Systems
- Object Oriented Programming
- Data Communication and Networks
- Software Engineering
- Probability and Statistics
- Group Project in Programming