BSc ( Honours ) in Information Technology
BSc Hons (IT) Degree Program which is one of the finest yet cost effective IT programmes in Sri Lanka approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs. The curriculum of BSc Hons (IT) Degree programme of 04 years is specifically designed to develop knowledge, understanding, and competence of those who seek career opportunities and students pursuing higher education in the field of Information Technology.
The purpose of this qualification BSc Hons (IT) is to prepare graduates with a broad knowledge in theory, methodology and skills of the relevant disciplines that enable them to bear responsibility in an academic or professional environment. The duration of the degree is four academic years and recognized certificates are awarded by Saegis Campus on successful completion of the degree programme.
Why follow a
BSc Honours in Information Technology at Saegis?
- Approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs
- Most Qualified and Experienced lecture panel
- Professional Project guidance provided throughout Industry Experts / Academics
- Convenient location with campus environment.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Nationally recognized ICT Qualifications
- Easy payment scheme
- Programming and Software Development
- IT Support & Consultancy
- Internet and e-commerce applications Design and Development
- System Administration
- Software Engineering
- Network Security Engineer
- Information Assurance Engineer
Passes in three (03) subjects (in Physical Science Stream or any three subjects with Mathematics and Physics)) at the GCE A/L Examination (Sri Lanka or London) in one and the same sitting but not exceeding three sittings.
Passes in three (03) subjects (in any subject stream) at the GCE A/L Examination (Sri Lanka or London) in one and the same sitting but not exceeding three sittings and passing of the Bridging Programme for Computing Discipline stated under the Non State Higher Education Circular No. 02/2019 issued by the Ministry of Higher Education
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Fundamentals of Mathematics
- Computer Architecture and Organization
- Databases Management Systems
- Office Automation and Productivity Tools
- Operating Systems
- Object Oriented Programming
- Data Communication and Networks
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Probability and Statistics
- Group Project in Programming
- Scientific Communication